Out of all the people in my support team, working with Bob has been the best decision I have ever made. I was immediately drawn to his quiet confidence and came to know, like and trust him. I worked with him back in 2015/2016 to help me process the fallout of my divorce, losing a house I was planning on buying and a lot of childhood related baggage that I’d been carrying.
Slowly with Bob’s support I’ve been putting myself back together and understanding who I am and why I make the decisions I make. We’ve had some positive sessions and we’ve had some where I’ve clearly gone backwards in terms of progress. What I’ve learned through working with him is this:
- Whatever you are feeling is OK, don’t ignore it or pretend it’s not there. Sit with it, process it, finish it and move on.
- Baby steps are the way forward. Always.
- Right now, is all that matters, you can’t change the past and you don’t know what will happen in the future but as long as you are OK right now that is all that you can do.
- My personal development and my mental health are so closely intertwined it’s hard to see where one ends and the other begins. I am not my bad days, or my good days. I am me. Always learning and growing.
- Shit happens, it will always happen and it’s the way you deal with it that counts.
For me, understanding why I act the way I act and make the choices that I make has been massively helpful. I realise more and more every day that I can’t grow my business, raise my family and be the best version of me on my own. That shit takes a village and Bob has the role of ‘Chief’!